If you are passionate about keeping indoor plant decoration, you may be putting your furbaby’s life at risk! The sad reality is, there are hundreds of plants that can have toxic effects in pets if they are consumed. While many plants will only elicit a moderate or mild toxic reaction in your pup many plants can be fatal if consumed by your pet. Continue below to learn more about common plants around that house that pose a danger to your pet’s health.
Here are five common plants that are toxic to dogs:
- Cannabis: One of the most common plant materials that can make your pup sick. Exposure may cause tremors, incoordination, and unusual drooling.
- Sago Palms: A usual decoration piece in tropical gardens, this plant is deadly to our canine friends. If consumed even in a small amount, your pup may experience multiple organ failures.
- Lilacs: These pretty decorative plants can be fatal to cats, and many times damaging to our pups as well. Exposure may result in serious kidney complications, depression, and gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea.
- Ivy: Many ivies, such as English Ivy, have a moderate toxicity effect in pets. Usually causing inflammation of the face area when exposed to a dog.
- Aloe Vera: While considered a relieving plant, Aloe is moderately toxic to our pets. Causing vomiting, diarrhea, change in urine coloration, and depression.
As a responsible pet parent, it’s up to you to pet-proof your home in a way that will both accommodate your love of plants and keep your dog away from toxic substances.
For Your Pup’s Health and Wellness, Bring Your Canine to Exceptional Pets
Keep your canine companion protected against the dangers of toxic substances. At Exceptional pets, we will provide nothing short of the best care for your pet. Through our impeccable standards and skilled staff, we guarantee we will quickly diagnose and treat whatever is causing your pup harm. Contact or visit our site today to arrange your dog’s next wellness exam!
Other Post You Might Enjoy:
New Online Ordering with Free Curbside Same-day Pickup
Exceptional Pets News
In addition to veterinary care, grooming, boarding, in-store pet food, feed, and supplies, Exceptional Pets will now offer all retail products available via online purchasing. (Arizona) – Exception...
Why Are Onions Toxic To Dogs?
Exceptional Pets News
Many pet parents know that onions are not a good match for our pups, but the question remains: how can an onion be so bad? Well, for canines, onions are a dietary danger that causes not only bad breat...