If you are passionate about keeping indoor plant decoration, you may be putting your furbaby’s life at risk! The sad reality is, there are hundreds of plants that can have toxic effects in pets if they are consumed. While many plants will only elicit a moderate or mild toxic reaction in your pup many plants can be fatal if consumed by your pet. Continue below to learn more about common plants around that house that pose a danger to your pet’s health.
Here are five common plants that are toxic to dogs:
- Cannabis: One of the most common plant materials that can make your pup sick. Exposure may cause tremors, incoordination, and unusual drooling.
- Sago Palms: A usual decoration piece in tropical gardens, this plant is deadly to our canine friends. If consumed even in a small amount, your pup may experience multiple organ failures.
- Lilacs: These pretty decorative plants can be fatal to cats, and many times damaging to our pups as well. Exposure may result in serious kidney complications, depression, and gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea.
- Ivy: Many ivies, such as English Ivy, have a moderate toxicity effect in pets. Usually causing inflammation of the face area when exposed to a dog.
- Aloe Vera: While considered a relieving plant, Aloe is moderately toxic to our pets. Causing vomiting, diarrhea, change in urine coloration, and depression.
As a responsible pet parent, it’s up to you to pet-proof your home in a way that will both accommodate your love of plants and keep your dog away from toxic substances.
For Your Pup’s Health and Wellness, Bring Your Canine to Exceptional Pets
Keep your canine companion protected against the dangers of toxic substances. At Exceptional pets, we will provide nothing short of the best care for your pet. Through our impeccable standards and skilled staff, we guarantee we will quickly diagnose and treat whatever is causing your pup harm. Contact or visit our site today to arrange your dog’s next wellness exam!
Other Post You Might Enjoy:
New Pet Owners: Be Sure to Socialize Your New Puppy!
Exceptional Pets News
Socializing is important not only for humans but young puppies as well. When a puppy is truly young, within the range of 3 months -- it’s essential to actively expose your puppy to as many new stimuli...
How Save Your Pup From Fleas
Exceptional Pets News
Fleas are the bane of every pet parent. These insectoid parasites are infamous for the irritation and harm they bring to our beloved pets. However, these jumping bloodsuckers are masters of survival a...